What is The Cut Log extended report?
The Cut Log extended report shows cuts grouped by VIN or OrderID with assigned material. It collects sub-totals for each VIN/OrderID and totals for the entire period.
This report also allows calculating sub-totals without materials assigned in the FVD Accounting. The report contains other useful features like the Cut Length adjustment and the Rolls Widths auto assignment.
The Cut Log extended report has several templates:
- The Cut Log Report (Basic list) – lists selected cuts grouped by VIN/OrderID with sub-totals;
- The Invoice Short – shows only sub-totals with the customer billing information;
- The Invoice Detailed – same as the Invoice Short, but with the detailed cuts list.
What should I do while doing cuts to be able to use this report?
There are two modes:
- With specifying materials;
- Without specifying materials.
What is the difference? The difference is in the way the report will calculate the cost of materials. If materials were not specified while doing cuts, then the report will use Pricing Tables rules for calculations. Otherwise, information about materials and labor costs will be taken from the FVD Accounting.
If you want to specify materials, then you should enable the Quick Accounting tool, which allows specifying materials and labor after each cut.
In both modes, please, specify VIN or OrderID.
Is there a way to run this report automatically?
Yes, the FVD Client reporting system allows scheduling of reports. For example, you can schedule the report to run at the end of the workday and then send the PDF file to the specified e-mail address.
To schedule the report, select the report in the tree, and then click the Schedule tab. Specify the schedule.
The Report features
- The Automatic (scheduled) runs area. The check box “Use the last time as a start date …” will force the report to set the last date it was ran as start date for the next scheduled run. The end date will be obtained automatically as a last cut timestamp. This check box must be checked, if the scheduled runs are enabled.
- The Time period controls. Use them to specify the exact period for selected cuts. Ignored when runs in the scheduled mode.
- The Grouping options. When doing cuts, please, specify VIN or/and Order ID.
- The Filter by Makes or Orders.
- The Pricing Tables control.
- The adjustments can be used only for cuts without specified materials. When using auto roll sizing, the system will try to automatically select the appropriate roll width for each cut. You can manually specify any value of available widths by splitting widths values with the semicolon. The trim width is a value that will be added to the width of the cut.
- The mode of the report defines the template. There are three modes – the basic Cut Log report, the short invoice and the detailed invoice. You can add customers right from this form by clicking the “User” button.
- The waste cuts can be excluded from report, for example, in the invoice modes. This option works only if materials were specified.
- Specify the e-mail address to which the report will be sent after it is generated. This feature works both in manual and scheduled modes. You can specify several e-mails separated with commas.
The Quick Start – no material reference, scheduled runs
Open the FVD FilmDesign, click “Open from the database”. On the appeared form, click to the Tools -> Settings, select the iGate tab and check the checkboxes as shown on the picture below.
If you do not want to manually enter real VINs, you can also check the “Auto generate VIN” option.
Then, select a pattern you want to cut, open it and make cuts.
Click “Open from the database” again, go to Reports and select the “Cut log extended with material” report.
Click Pricing, create Pricing Table and specify it as a pricing table for the report.
Setup schedule on the Schedule tab.
Setup options for the report as shown on the following picture:
Adjust the Last run time and e-mail address.
Adjust other options if needed.
Now you can click “Send to E-mail”, the system will build the report and then send it to the specified recipient. The last run time will change to current time. Next runs will be performed accordingly to the schedule.